Wednesday, April 30, 2008

In Character


1. Barbie has had a huge impact on our culture. Until the last couple of years Barbie was one of the only toys that young girls played with. I remember when I was younger I would beg my mom to buy me the new and coolest Barbie. I thought that she was the best thing it was something that girls could dream of becoming like a doctor of even a princess it was so much fun to think that you could actually be this someday. But Barbie also had a bad impact on culture many women’s rights group said that Barbie should not just be a nurse or a flight attendant because it was showing that women were second in the work force and men were always the main part. Well the creator of Barbie reacted to that and made Barbie into doctors and pilots. The character is so fascinating because there is so much to her, she could do anything and be anything you wanted her to be. All you had to do is dream.

2. The Cookie Monster was the best he brought so much to young kid’s minds that you didn’t need the fancy cars or clothes all you needed was a cookie and you could keep on living your life just as happy as anyone else. He wanted kids to know that they didn’t need to be like the rest to fit in, come on he was blue and only wanted cookies I think that says enough about who he is and what he stands for. When words spread that the Cookie Monster was going to be replaced with a Veggie fans when crazy they wanted their Cookie Monster back.

3. Kris Furillo from Wildfire I think she is important to our culture because she rides horses!!!! She brings awareness to our country about horseback riding and how it is such an amazing sport but there are many downfalls to it; a horse may get hurt and you can’t run the race or the horse may just quit on you and you have to find a new one. Well first of all she starts out being in jail and ever since she left she has been trying to make her life better and trying to get back on track.

1 comment:

siena said...

I really like the show Wildfire and Kris is a good role model because she went from jail to riding horses. I agree that Barbie has had a huge impact on young girls because that was like one of the only toys I had when I was little and with all the different Barbie's it was like she could do anything.