Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I am a thinker

1. When it comes to reading and writing I think that they play a huge role together, without one you can’t have the other. One example is you can’t read anything if there is nothing written and another is why write if no one can read it. I think other people think this is important because I feel that this is how they may learn more and figure out what they think is the right thing to think and this maybe how they express their own personality. Also it allows other people to find other peoples personality.

2. Something I think that is wrong in our country today is obesity. I fell that this a big factor in why many people die so young. It really bothers me seeing larger people, I wish that there was something I could do for them to try and make their life better in any way. I come from a family who is a little larger than most, they are not huge just out of shape, and when I ever I see them go to a fast food place or make food that has to much oil and grease in it I always wonder if they are making the right decision.

3. One movie that has inspired me is the Olympics from 2000 where a former trainer of mine won individual gold. He has always been a great leader for me and I look up at him and hope that I can be like him someday and follow my dreams of being an Olympic gold medalist. David O’Conner is one of the best horse back riders in world he trains young riders to become the best that they can be and he puts his own dreams in them, once he decided to retire from competing his new dreams became his students. He wants all of them to succeed and become better than he ever was. If I could ever be the way that he is now I think my life dream would be completed.

5 comments:

Mr. Miles said...

How exciting, a former medalist for a trainer . . . very cool!

siena said...

I think you offer an interesting viewpoint on the obesity problem. A lot of people believe that obese people get that way because obesity is genetic but I think that it has to do with a lot of their choices. Many obese people continue to eat at all the fast food places and I think they should start to question if they are doing the right thing, like you pointed out.
It would be really inspiring to be learning from a trainer who won a good medal! That would be really cool!

Adele said...

I think that your former medalist trainer is a great inspiration! I know for sure that I would feel the same way as you do! I also feel that your concern about obesity is a big issue. It's too bad that it most likely will never ever stop because too many people love food.

kelsey said...

Wow I know I am just repeating what people have just said but that is so cool about your trainer! A gold medal is the highest accomplishments you could receive and that is very cool that he is your trainer. VERY INSPIRING!

Lindsey said...

That's so cool that you know someone from the olympics. I hope you achieve your goal to become a gold medalist in the olympics too. You can do it!