Tuesday, February 12, 2008

1. I think that theme is very important in writing. Without a theme we would not understand the main purpose of the writing, and we would be able to question why is this piece even being written. And that is not good if we are able to do that, it shows that the writer has not been taught the correct way to write and be able to catch to readers attention. On the other hand I could see people not being able to have theme in their writing, because they may feel that they do not know how write with a theme. I know that I have had a hard time writing with a theme even though I know it is bad to be like that.

2. I was thinking of doing some kind of theme of learning your lesson for somethings that you have done wrong I have no idea as of right now how i could do that but i was thinking of having a group of kids do something wrong and they get caught for it. Then they have this nig learning thing. but im not sure what I would call the theme that i am trying to show maybe something like learning your lessons.

3. I think that I would write about an internal conflict with the main character trying to find out who they are and what they should be doing in life. I think I would have them be a young person in their teenage years, because I feel that this point in time is the hardest. Most kids get lost in the decisions that they need to make and they worried about getting into the right college and they do not want to make the right mistake. I think that with a conflict like this the reader will be able to stay tuned in with what is happening and actually be interesting. But I also think that the play would have to be directed towards a younger audience for it to be a success.

3 comments:

Adele said...

Meaghan i also like your theme idea of person vs. internal self conflict. You can go many ways with that and create many struggles for them to go through!

siena said...

I agree with what you said about theme, we need theme to understand the main purpose of the writing. I also think that an internal conflict would be very interesting to write about, especially for a teenager because it is a stressful point in our lives.

kelsey said...

I understand where you are coming from when you say that people have trouble with theme. Writing a "theme" seems very intimidating. I like your ideas for your play!